Shaving my legs, so you don't have to!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Year in Review (Prologue)

Of course re-hashing the past year is the cycling-blog equivalent of taking an extremely short pull, but at least I'm taking one before I get dropped.

First things first... I've been sucked into the Twitterverse (@sfc750) and I'm finding that my perennially adolescent brain finds 140 character capsules of thought ideal.  Inside The World of TwitCraft I've found a wonderful community of bicycle racing enthusiasts, fellow travelers, and knowledgeable cycling bloggers from which to constantly peruse (and that's when I'm not captivated by an @GhostfaceKillah rant).  As a fan of pro-cycling I've had more interaction with PROs in Twitterville than standing outside a team bus while its raining in downtown San Jose (unless I use my Mother to cut in line).  Levi Leipheimer once told me what gearing to use when riding up Kings Ridge (didn't help), Taylor Phinney told me his early season goals, and numerous PROs often tweet about their "sensations" and why they love (insert bicycle product here) so much.  Sometimes they will allude to a fine cafe in Lucca, or its equivalent in Belgium.  They don't Tweet about Spanish doctors much.  Even The Lance often posts about his favorite musicians and movies.  It is a never ending Xanadu of bike geekery and it's much easier Twattling along about riding up hills than actually going out and doing so.

Additionally I have succeeded in letting another year pass w/o jumping on the CX bandwagon. It is, of course, much too popular now and I'm having trouble finding a suitably underground cycling activity to suit my *Aesthetic* (as riding a Fixie has long ago "Jumped the Shark" and doing what Danny MacAskill does is simply not possible without computer aided visual trickery).  Similarly, in keeping with the Fred Coda, actually racing is incomprehensible.

So in future posts I will be re-hashing what others have written better about the year in cycling 2010 (12AFA). Here's a spritz of whats to come (thanks to MrThehiddencucumber):

No comments:

Post a Comment